Continuous positive airway pressure, shortly known as CPAP is a therapy specially designed for sleep apnea patients which helps keep airways open and ensures a continuous flow of air to lungs. The main part of CPAP therapy is the CPAP mask which comes in various styles and sizes. Every person has different face shape and when it comes to sleep apnea, symptoms vary from patient to patient. For this reason, manufacturers design and make various CPAP mask models. Therefore, if you’ve been diagnosed with sleep apnea and need to buy CPAP masks Melbourne, you may need to try different CPAP mask models before you find the one that best suits you.
What’s important is that no matter which CPAP mask design you choose, they all provide the same benefits – minimize sleep apnea symptoms and improve the breathing. Controlling your sleep apnea with a CPAP mask will help you breathe easier, live healthier and sleep better. Remember, it is not enough to just buy CPAP masks and have the machine do the miracle. CPAP therapy will be successful only if you are devoted and persistent. Here are few tips that will help you with your CPAP therapy.
- Be Committed – CPAP masks are not quick fix for your sleep apnea problem. It includes a long term commitment to boost your health as well as improve your sleep.
- Keep In Touch – Try to stay in good relationship with both your CPAP mask supplier and your sleep apnea doctor. Do not hesitate to ask questions and seek help when you need it.
- Be Persistent – Use your CPAP mask every night. You will not only benefit from it, but will also help you adjust to the treatment more easier.
- Adjust If Necessary – The first CPAP mask that you try may not be the perfect one for you. Contact the supplier to have proper adjustments done to ensure the CPAP mask perfectly fits.
- Feel Comfortable – When looking to buy CPAP masks, quality and price are not the only features to consider. Comfort is imperative to ensure success. Therefore, to feel more comfortable with your CPAP mask, use heated humidifier, decongestant or saline spray.
- Regular Maintenance – Always clean your tubing and CPAP mask on a regular basis. Also, replace the tubing and filters when needed.
- Reward Yourself – Sleep apnea is curable, but not treatable. This means no matter how good you feel, you CPAP therapy is never done. But this does not mean you should not reward yourself for being committed.