Applying makeup is a common beauty regime for every woman, whether it is for going to work or to a formal night out. Makeup is the key to feeling and looking younger and flawless. However, applying makeup is not an easy task as it seems. There are some tricks you need to know if you want to apply your makeup like a pro. Luckily, it is not too difficult to learn the basic steps of how to apply makeup.
You can learn to properly apply makeup by enrolling in a professional makeup course. If this is a bit costly and time-consuming for you, read our tips below and learn how to perfectly apply makeup in a matter of minutes. The rest is just practice! After a week or two, it will be a simple routine and you will be ready to show the world your self-taught makeup skills.
- Spend Money On Quality Tools/Brushes – Aside from using quality makeup, using the high quality makeup tools is also very important to achieve flawless look. Even if you are not that skillful when it comes to makeup, you will notice incredible difference when using high quality makeup tools and products. The eight basic brushes you need to have are: Foundation brush, Concealer brush, Blush brush, Fluffy powder brush, Small blending brush, Precision angle brush, Flat eyeshadow brush and Lip brush.
- Create A Natural Flawless Look – Before applying the foundation, apply a face base or a BB cream. BB cream is both a moisturizer and a primer and will save you time. One important thing to know – never apply your makeup on dry skin. Regularly exfoliate your skin and apply a rich moisturizer.
- Apply Liquid Foundation – The next step is to apply a proper liquid foundation for your skin type. Use a foundation brush or fingers for even coverage. If possible, mix liquid foundation with a small amount of sunscreen for added protection from the harmful UV rays.
- Contour Your Face – To add more depth to your face, apply darker color foundation or special contouring products under the cheek cone and blend it gently with a contouring brush.
- Apply Blush – Apply face blush with special blush brush.
- Enhance Your Eyes – Depending on the occasion, you can use only eye pencil for a softer effect or can enhance your eyes with an eyeshadow. For natural eyebrow look, apply brown eyeshadow or special eyebrow shadow with a special eyebrow brush.
- Apply Mascara – The next is mascara. For a more glamorous look, apply false eye lashes.
- Apply Lipstick – Before applying lipstick, put small amount of foundation on your lips to ensure the lipstick stays on longer and to enhance its color. Before you apply the foundation, use a damp cloth to brush your lips and exfoliate dead skin.
- Finishing Touch Ups – Apply loose powder to touch up your base and camouflage the problematic T-zone. Illuminate your face by applying highlighter between the eye and upper cheek area and down the nose line.
- Set Your Makeup – If you want your makeup to last longer, apply professional makeup setting spray.