Truth be told, moving is not a simple and quick task, but it is not mission impossible either. If you’ve already decided to move, know that the key to less stressful moving is a good plan and, of course – professionals. Below we will go through the most important moving tips and guidelines that everyone should consider:
Find a Reputable And Trustworthy Moving Company
There are many moving companies and many factors that you need to consider when choosing. Price is undoubtedly one of the first things you need to take into account when narrowing down your options. The prices for the moving services vary from one moving company to another. In order to get the best moving company prices you should compare offers by doing a research. Another important thing to keep in mind before you make an appointment is that moving companies prices are not the same in summer and winter months. Since the demand is much higher in summer, the moving company prices can be significantly higher during those months. If you are not urged to move at a specific time, don’t rush to hire a moving company. Instead, wait until late autumn or winter. In this way you will save on moving expenses and gain more time to prepare and organize your move.
Get into Action
For care-free moving you need about 90 to 120 days. Therefore, make a good plan and take as much time as you need to prepare everything without feeling rushed and pressured. In fact, the more organized you are, the less stressed you will be during the whole moving process. After you’ve determined the date of your move and contacted your real estate agent to make sure that there are no impediments for moving to your new home, it’s time to get into action. Since packing takes most of the work and time, take a look at our tips and guidelines listed below for a faster, simpler and more efficient packing:
- First things first, separate the things you don’t plan to move nor use – get rid of the unnecessary items by selling or donating them;
- Use clear plastic bins to pack the most essential necessities such as: eating utensils, toiletries, towels, phone and laptop charger and other items you will need to use first when you arrive at your new home.
- Wrap the breakable items in bubble wrap before you pack them in boxes – fragile items such as souvenirs, glasses, dishes require most of your attention. For safe transport, and unwanted surprises make sure they are well protected.
- A good packing organization includes labeling the boxes. For easier and faster unpacking write on each box what’s inside and in what room the items packed in the specific box will go;
- To protect you plates from breaking, arrange them vertically in smaller cartoon box. The fuller the box is, the less likely they are to break;
- There’s no need for you to empty the dresser drawers. Leave them as they are, seal them with stretch wrap and your clothes are packed for transport. This way you will save time on packing, and refolding the clothes when your arrive at your new home.
- If you don’t have enough time to do the packaging by yourself, you can use professional packing services. In general, most of the professional removalists offer packing services in the the price for additional fees. This will make your moving even more relaxed and smoother.